Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Customs Forms and Post Offices....

Customs forms are nothing compared to trying to actually mail the packages.

I had a box all ready to go, and filled out the form in advance so I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was there. I got to the local post office and the person at the counter called me up. I handed her my form and box and she proceeded to tell me that I had to fill out more detailed information about what was in the box as she could not mail it as is. I had to write down everything I put in it and if I needed more than 4 lines, I would have to fill out additional customs forms. I told her I had mailed packages before and never had a problem. She said "oh well the rules have changed." She pulled out of piece of paper with a bunch of lines highlighted saying they needed more detailed information. I told her I wasn't going to do that since it is dangerous to do that. I would like my husband to get his $150 Nook...thank you.

I left that post office and went to the one in the next town over. I walked in and handed her my customs form...she said everything looked good and mailed it. I told her that my local post office wouldn't take it because it did not have enough detail, she said it looked fine to her, they do like some details but just said it might come back if customs did not accept it.

Why can't post offices just be on the same page and not piss off a military wife with 2 crazy kids in the post office just trying to mail her husband a care package. I don't have all the time in the world to get to the post office and I hate going there.

And with all the information we are told from people who send packages about how to fill out a customs forms, you would think the post offices would understand why you wouldn't go and fill out such detailed description of the package contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment